UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Old 22nd Mar 2024, 4:21 pm   #1
Lef de art
Pentode

Default Bluetooth receiver to old cassette player

Good evening guys.
I want to install a bluetooth receiver on a 1970 tape recorder. The problem is that when I use the internal cassette player power supply on the Bluetooth receiver there is a Very loud hum in the speakers. The Bluetooth light turns on but the hum is that loud that i can hear nothing at all!
It sounds like i connect dc voltage to the sound input!!! This does not happen when I use an external power source on bluetooth. However I would like to use the internal transformer of the cassette player and not add a second one. Does anyone know if I can do something to the bluetooth power supply with a circuit? Thanks in advance.

I use the correct dc voltages in both cases (internal or external power supply)
Lef de art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2024, 11:41 pm   #2
Lef de art
Pentode

Default Re: Bluetooth receiver to old cassette player

And the problem is solved by using a B1212S-1W (isolated dc-dc converter 12v) .
Hope my post will help other similar situations.
Lef de art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2024, 9:32 am   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Bluetooth receiver to old cassette player

Well done.

When I’ve done similar things, I’ve used one of those ultra miniature Vigortronix AC to DC converters with success.
Nickthedentist is online now   Reply With Quote