UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Dec 2009, 7:57 pm   #1
Vespa66
Retired Dormant Member

Default New member help

Hi there, I've just recently found the site and joined up in the hope one of you gentlemen or ladies might be able to help me!

I am looking for someone in the West Yorkshire area who has knowledge of crystal sets and knowledge of valve radios and circuits.

I have an old home made crystal set which isn't working and I'd like help to fix if possible please.

I have also found an old 1950's diagram from the USA for a valve Theremin music thingy which I would like to attempt to build, but I need help selecting the correct valves etc and also the correct power supply to use for a UK version of the unit.

Hope all this makes sense and you guys n gals can point me in the right direction please.
I am in the Bingley area of West Yorkshire.

Thanks again,
Gerard.

Last edited by Darren-UK; 31st Dec 2009 at 10:30 pm. Reason: General tidying.
Old 31st Dec 2009, 11:04 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: New member help

Hi Gerald and welcome to the forums.

It's clear from your post that you're looking for hands-on help with your projects rather than forum help and advice. It'd likely be difficult to find anybody able to donate the amount of time required, but you never know.

However, the crystal set shouldn't pose any problems if you want to try and fix that with forum help. If the set is complete and the coil intact and undamaged there's no real reason why it shouldn't be working though. So if you fancy having a go at this one via the forums then please start a dedicated thread in Vintage Radio (Domestic) with as many details as you can provide, plus images if possible.

The Theremin is not so simple, obviously. We do have members with knowledge and experience of these strange contraptions, plus if you search the forums you'll find a number of threads on the subject. It does, however, sound like you will need some hands-on help with this project. Meantime you can always start a dedicated thread for this in the Homebrew section in order to gain some initial knowledge and advice.

Hope that helps, if only to set the ball rolling.
Closed Thread