UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jan 2008, 1:59 am   #21
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Taylor 45c Valve Tester - a caution -and an appeal for information sharing

Hi Igranic,

My Taylor45C shows on the last page of the valve data book ( this is sandy brown coloured and on the front cover shows 8/60) that the T symbol in a circle when entered in the table is for testing on a T prefixed serial number 45C tester. T for Telefunken.

Where is the seriel number , my unit came out of a radio/TV shop , works brilliantly and was in pristine condition once cleaned up. This did take alot of efort as it was covered inside and out with nicotine gunge.

On the left handle is still a small parcel label tied to it that has written No 770284

I have some typed foolscap sheets dated April 61 and may61 which have extra data for added valves.

Mike
Old 6th Jan 2008, 9:21 pm   #22
igranic
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Taylor 45c Valve Tester - a caution -and an appeal for information sharing

Mike,

Thanks for the verification. Another piece in the jigsaw!

The serial number can usually be found on a small plate attached just above the meter, sometimes it is on the back or base of the cabinet, or handwritten on the inside of the front panel.

The parcel label could contain the serial number, or it could be an order number or repair number.

If possible, could you scan the foolscap sheets and send them to me along with a scan of your Valve Base Wiring Chart (page 4 of user manual)? I will send you a PM with my email address.

Edward
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 8:35 pm   #23
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Posts about specific settings moved at request of original poster.