UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jul 2013, 8:26 pm   #1
gezza123
Heptode

Default Just a bit of fun, our first colour TV

Hi, Guys,just a bit of fun

Thought you would like to see my latest project, our first colour TV.
Sorry about the line fault need some full scan pictures, I put this one in to see if you can tell what sort of TV we had back about 40 years ago.

The WACO shown here also has a lighter fitted so one could have a smoke while watching TV.
Picture 1 disasembled
Picture 2 kit of parts
Picture 3 complete

PS: this was the easiest TV that I have ever had to fix.Gezza123
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waco 9.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	81926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Waco parts.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	81927   Click image for larger version

Name:	waco 13.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	81928  
Old 15th Jul 2013, 3:00 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Just a bit of fun, our first colour TV

Hi
Aha - the programmes you could get on those! I always found the pictures to be a little static for my taste, but Uncle's cardigans were always in sharp focus.
Glyn
Old 16th Jul 2013, 12:21 am   #3
emeritus
Dekatron

Default Re: Just a bit of fun, our first colour TV

That reminds me of the time when we were being given out first PC's at work. The guy in the next room had had his monitor and tower unit etc. delivered, but after 2 or 3 months, IT still hadn't wired it up. I had just got my first home PC and found out how to make screen dumps, so I made a screen dump of my Windows desk top, printed it out life size for his monitor at high res on photo quality paper, covered it with transparent adhesive plastic, and we stuck it on his monitor. IT took the hint and soon got it going for real after that.
Closed Thread