UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jul 2017, 7:14 pm   #1
Top Cap
Octode

Default IR Remote volume control/selector box

Trying to find things to make and do but the unknown infection the doctors cannot find makes it so difficult, what with all of my joints seizing up in pain. But I managed, just about, to knock up some remote control boxes which are ideal for valve amps or old solid state amps without remote facilities. It uses a very low cost IR kit from Quasar, kit number 3092, this has 14 outputs so could be useful for other projects. I built two variants and you can see them at:-

https://youtu.be/aBD6NTmcy20

All construction info, circuits and parts are at www.g4cnh.com.

Sorry for the shaky video and I now know that any more videos made with my phone must be in Landscape mode.
Old 10th Jul 2017, 8:13 pm   #2

Default Re: IR Remote volume control/selector box

Handy bit of kit, and quite cheap too. That's put in the "must get one one day just incase" box!
For my homemade remotes I use 433MHz or 819MHz RF saves all that pointing about malarkey. I also use rotary encoders for volume etc. makes it more human friendly.

BTW the video needs me to sign in to youtu.be.

Old 11th Jul 2017, 10:32 pm   #3
Top Cap
Octode

Default Re: IR Remote volume control/selector box

Should be OK now, YouTube seems to have changed and I failed to see the video was still set to private despite initially setting it to public.