UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2007, 2:07 pm   #1
Jimbo
Pentode

Question Hacker Mini-Herald RP17

Can anyone help me with a copy of any servicing data, [a circuit diagram with critical voltages would be a start], for the Hacker Mini-Herald, RP17 please?

On the 'Recent Success Stories' section of this site, Howard has restored a similar model but he could not track down the data either, [it's not listed on Paul Stenning's CD Archive], although in the end Howard was able to effect repairs without referring to the manual.

The present fault is 'No-Results' other than a very quiet hiss. Current consumption at about 15mA seems reasonable. It has the AF 11* transistor line up in the IF stages but they have not responded to a gentle tapping of the case and I'd rather have a circuit diagram before I start snipping screen leads or substituting replacements.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Jimbo.
Old 14th Oct 2007, 10:35 am   #2
GJR 11L
Heptode

Default Re: Hacker Mini-Herald RP17

If it helps, snipping the screen leads won't cause any problems on one of these and if it doesn't get the set going then you'd be no worse off.

I don't have the manual for mine either, but they are pretty simple things to figure out and those AF117s are likely to be where the i/f problem lies.
Old 15th Oct 2007, 8:02 am   #3
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Jimbo
I haven't got a circuit, but how about the supply decoupling (probably an electrolytic) on the IF/RF stages, if giving the AF11*s a shave doesn't work? The whiskers are the most likely cause, though.
Old 15th Oct 2007, 11:44 am   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Service manual on its way to you soon, Jim, as promised.
Closed Thread