UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jan 2013, 5:08 pm   #1
sobell1980
Octode

Default BSR Deck retaining screw thread size.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help? What thread size are the two retaining screws that hold the deck itself to its carrying case? In my case this would be a Ferguson 3044 with a bsr deck. It has two screws that hold the carrying case underneath to the deck. I have a feeling they may be BA size? They are missing from mine. It only has two screwed from the underside of its carrycase to locate and retain the deck. Many thanks
Dave.
Old 15th Jan 2013, 5:25 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: BSR Deck retaining screw thread size.

Not sure what you mean. I assume from your other 3044 thread that deck's an autochanger? If so, the deck is fixed to its plinth by the transit screws and, in turn, the plinth is usually fixed to the cabinet by means of wood screws.

Do you mean the transit screws?
Old 15th Jan 2013, 9:58 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: BSR Deck retaining screw thread size.

Post a picture, Dave, then we'll all know what you mean (hopefully!).

N.
Closed Thread