UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jan 2013, 9:30 pm   #1
reeltoreelrob
Pentode

Default Marconi T69 DA

Hi All,

I have owned the above radio for many years having bought it from a jumble sale probably in the mid 80's.

Same old story with the Hunts caps split etc. I was wondering what the value of the Plessey red and yellow cap was placed in between the volume and tone controls, the diagram I have is not that clear. I think it says 5 microfarads but it's really faded.

The board is fairy dirty and I am having problems reading the resistors so I'll see how I go with it.

Thanks in advance,
Rob.
Old 5th Jan 2013, 9:59 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Marconi T69 DA

From what you say it is C50 which is 4uF. The modern 'preferred' value is 4.7uF.

The values of the resistors should be on the sheet, It's here if you want a better copy.

http://www.service-data.com/product.php/3518/4693

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 6th Jan 2013, 6:43 pm   #3
reeltoreelrob
Pentode

Default Re: Marconi T69 DA

Hi Steve,
Thanks for that, that is the one, the resistor it is attached to is not easy to read either with the years of muck it's a 27k. It does look like its the 4uf, the makings on it (what was left of them looked like 5uf but if I go for 4.7 I cant go wrong.
Thanks again
Rob.
Closed Thread