UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th May 2012, 10:11 am   #1
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Default Electro-Voice cartridge info

Hi,

I've just fitted a NOS Electro-Voice 146, turnover, cartridge to my Pye Black Box. I know it's stereo, but apart from that, I can't find out much about it (output, tracking weight etc). It uses 3002 and 3009 styli and I'm not even sure which one is for 78's or 33/45's! Can anybody advise?

TIA
David
Old 5th May 2012, 11:24 am   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Electro-Voice cartridge info

If it's NOS, I'm surprised it didn't come complete with its instructions leaflet.

However, these cartridges are made in two distinct halves, one red and one brown. The stylus fitted to the red side of the cartridge is the LP.

Barry
Old 5th May 2012, 11:32 am   #3
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Hi Barry,

No, there was no info in the box and, unfortunately, the stylus is all black. There's a red band on the 3009 stylus and a green band on the 3002. Don't know if that means anything?

Thanks
David
Old 5th May 2012, 12:42 pm   #4
whyperion
Hexode

Red = 45/LP Green = 78 (Normally ) I note the modern day ION decks and similar use Red for 45/LP and Blue for 78
Fading memory is Confirmed that 3002 is for 78 from http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/phonoflip.htm
Closed Thread