UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jun 2017, 12:50 pm   #1
spareflyer
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips Mignon help please

Could someone please confirm if the suspended sprung carriage mechanism on this fabulous Car-Mignon is locked and unlocked when you insert a record or is this unit sprung when no record is present or not in use.

The model is an AG2101 D/01, I do have a small manual and it does suggest that this is correct but I would like confirmation if possible.

Many thanks
Old 28th Jun 2017, 7:09 pm   #2
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Philips Mignon help please

The deck in these always floats on its 3 rather large springs. There should also be a circular foam pad at the base of the mechanism. Removing the outer case will reveal whether or not the pad is present. It may well have disitegrated by now!
Old 2nd Jul 2017, 10:55 pm   #3
spareflyer
Retired Dormant Member

Thank you livewire? for the clarification, I assumed this was correct but I might try and make a slot in device to stop the mechanism moving around when not in use, or do you think that this will upset the suspension over time?
Old 3rd Jul 2017, 9:19 am   #4
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I'm not sure how this could be done, but, as long as the suspension is free to work when playing a record, I dn't see a problem.
Old 3rd Jul 2017, 11:59 am   #5
spareflyer
Retired Dormant Member

Excellent, thanks again livewire?
Closed Thread