UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Old 27th Jun 2017, 7:56 am   #301
Malcolm G6ANZ
Hexode

Default Re: Museum of failure.

I had totally forgotten the Versatec. I used to have to service one used for printing out radiotherapy treatment plans.It was attached to a Data General Eclipse Computer. When working the quality was very good but ,as said, cleaning the pump and piping was not a job I relished.
I have still got a box of paper that they used around somewhere. It had a 'chalky' finish to it

Last edited by Malcolm G6ANZ; 27th Jun 2017 at 7:58 am. Reason: Added a bit
Malcolm G6ANZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2017, 9:15 am   #302
Refugee
Nonode

That chalky paper reminds me of those "wet" copiers and print room police making sure that you did all you could to avoid black borders due to it wasting toner.
Refugee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2017, 4:41 pm   #303
G4YVM David
Pentode

Waitrose free coffee...once it was quite free, then you had to queue up for a cup, then you had to agree to buy something, now you have to buy something FIRST, before getting a cup. It is clearly too good a deal because the coffee is delicious!
G4YVM David is offline   Reply With Quote