UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Mar 2017, 8:55 pm   #41
lightfoot
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Help required to repair vintage computer. FIC 486 G10 VT2.

Thanks for the advice have the drives backed up however did really want to sort this vintage computer out as some of software will not run on newer equipment.
Old 17th Mar 2017, 8:15 pm   #42
lightfoot
Retired Dormant Member

The thread is still ongoing as at the moment I'm waiting for a programmer which will allow me to create a bios chip with the updated bios and proceed from there, I have to thanks Kelly's eye for the help with this to date and hopefully is still on board at the conclusion of the project, I say project because it's become this with the amount of time spent by both and hope that perhaps it will help someone else in the future...will post the details in due course.
Old 18th Mar 2017, 1:32 pm   #43
cheerfulcharlie
Heptode

Excuse my memory but do you need to have the bios chip 'physically' flashed.. will it not clean up with a floppy with prog?
Old 18th Mar 2017, 2:40 pm   #44
lightfoot
Retired Dormant Member

Hi! cheerfulcharlie, yes your right that's why I'm waiting for the programmer to flash a new bios chip with the required bios file that I have, once that is done it will be replacing the bios chip that's currently in the motherboard.
Closed Thread