UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2017, 11:07 pm   #1
Pine Marten
Tetrode

Default Uher 4400 VU meter wires. Where do they go?

Hi all. I've finally got hold of a replacement meter for the seized up RH one on my machine. Unfortunately, when disturbing the old meter, both wires, have come away from their soldered connections. I cannot work out where to connect the new meters red and blue leads. Also the bue lead for the bulb has come adrift also, and I think this went to a terminal on the switch/pot for RH level. The photos I took to help me unfortunately are no help, as definition is bad when zoomed in. I have the service manual, but I'm still not 100% sure. Any help greatly appreciated. Other than this final part of the restoration everything has gone well and the machine plays and records superbly.
Many thanks.
ps, The recorder is not an IC or Monitor version, L variant. Thanks

Last edited by Pine Marten; 5th Jun 2017 at 11:10 pm. Reason: model clarification
Old 6th Jun 2017, 1:57 pm   #2
barretter
Heptode

Default Re: Uher 4400 VU meter wires. Where do they go?

If you are talking about the Uher 4400 Report Stereo, in the one I have the blue lead from the right-hand VU meter goes to the centre pin of the Pegel II pot and the accompanying red lead goes to the bracket on the back of the left-hand VU meter. A red lead from the centre pin of Pegel I goes to the bracket on the back of the right-hand VU meter. I have to say, though, that my right-hand VU meter doesn't seem to work! The wiring looks original and untampered with. Perhaps it too is jammed. Let me know if you have any success. As you say it is virtually impossible to take good photographs of the area in question.
Closed Thread