UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jul 2013, 11:22 am   #21
bobbyball
Octode

Default Re: Help with Colour TV set identification??

Cheers again folks!

I will have to switch it on now, and it did work before it's "deep clean" although I remenber the convergence being a bit off even on just "noise".

I was beginning to think I had got the "Pilot" bit wrong but it looks like it was called that, although there is no "Pilot" badge on it - no "JVC" badge either howerver

Just a shame I can't find a circuit!!
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 4:51 pm   #22
paulsherwin

They probably exported a related model to the US, so you might want to try American souces for a schematic (sic).

There was probably a PAL B/G model for Europe too, with a VHF tuner where the Quadri-Matic logo is here.

It may have been a Rumbelows special in the UK, which would explain the scarcity of service info.
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 5:59 pm   #23
bobbyball
Octode

Yes I think it is a "cousin" to a US model as there are three controls on the top of the back cover but room for another one, tint perhaps, as would be found on a US model.

Behind the front panel the frame does have a hole for what would have been a VHF tuner on a Continental or US model; this is covered by the front escutcheon which says "Quadri-Matic" where the VHF tiner knob would be...

It must have been JVC's first entry (there isn't an "JVC" badge, just says "Victor Corporation of Japan) into the UK as subsequent models were badged JVC and are well documented.