UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2012, 12:23 pm   #1
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default No way to treat a GEC...

Hi there
No picture I'm afraid, but I was at a venue called Telford's Warehouse in Chester and there bolted to the wall above the bar is a GEC2010 dual standard TV. Don't get too excited - it is now a cupboard with two light green doors where the CRT once pushed through. All the knobs are there and the conversion looks very professionally done - I suppose if it saved an old set from landfill then it isn't too much of a shame, though I'd have preferred to see a picture on it!
I'll get a photo next time I'm there.
Glyn
Old 8th Oct 2012, 12:33 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: No way to treat a GEC...

I hate this kind of lack of respect for old technology. Another example that springs to mind is countless pub pianos that have been painted with "cool" graffiti-like images, had their lids crudely screwed shut with chipboard screws and an overpowered cordless drill, or even dismembered had the component parts turned into a "car crash" of a mural.

On the other hand, it's slightly better than landfill, and might get the odd person interested in a new hobby.

N.
Closed Thread