UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Aug 2011, 3:22 pm   #1
brenellic2000
Octode

Default HP 4050 Installation CD

Can some kind soul let me borrow an HP 4050 laser printer installation CD - it will be returned.

Please don't say "it can be down-loaded from the internet". Been there, done that, got the wet T-shirt...

Barry
Old 25th Aug 2011, 5:05 pm   #2
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: HP 4050 Installation CD

might have one you can have.....

Seems it is for the 4000 series - wonder if that will be any good
Old 25th Aug 2011, 7:48 pm   #3
Oldtestgear
Hexode

What is the problem getting it from the HP website? I ask as I regularly used to download the drivers etc when I was chopping & changing printers about once a month and dowmloaded the software for the 4000T a few months ago without a problem. If necessary, can I download ot onto a CD for you?

Phil
Old 26th Aug 2011, 1:07 pm   #4
flyingtech55
Octode

Barry

What operating system is it for? I have an original HP disk you can have but it's only suitable for Windows NT 4.0/9x/3.x or Macintosh System 7.x/8.x. I think that because of the age of the printers there was no later disk

Its got PCL 6, PCL 5e and PostScript drivers.

If it's what you're after then you are welcome to have it FOC and to keep. I've got several of them but I never use them as I always use the latest drivers from the HP website.

HTH

TimR
Old 26th Aug 2011, 3:00 pm   #5
brenellic2000
Octode

Thanks lads.

All my serious CAD and DTP work is under DOS (I haven't got the patience for new technology!). The beauty with HP printers is that they are backwards compatible, but the trouble is that without the proper disc some problems arise when printing from DOS programme via a Windows PC.

PM on way to Flyingtech , and thanks for the offer Sean - I may be back in contact.

Barry

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 27th Aug 2011 at 1:01 pm. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment
Closed Thread