UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 14th Nov 2017, 1:34 am   #1
Steve_K4KM
Diode

Default Hello from Alabama

Hello to all forum members... I sort of "backed into the forum in a Google search for homemade vacuum tube (valve) testers, and have been reading up on the Sussex VT posts in the Homebrew Equipment threads.
I am ham radio operator since 1976, currently licensed K4KM Amateur Extra in the USA. General electronics "tinkering" and emphasis on RF and vintage radio particularly, fills some of my spare time as a retired "rocket scientist" from the USA National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Looking forward to more reading across the forum posts re: vintage radio!
Steve / K4KM
Steve_K4KM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2017, 5:33 pm   #2
Kevin Hoyland
Pentode

Default Re: Hello from Alabama

Hello Steve and welcome to the Forum. lots of people on the Forum have made the Sussex valve tester and are more than happy with it. I have the Avo mk2 valve tester, but I have to say I am always looking at the us made valve testers on Ebay.

Kevin.
Kevin Hoyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2017, 6:20 am   #3
Diabolical Artificer
Nonode

Default Re: Hello from Alabama

Welcome to the forum Steve. Am sure there's another member from Alabama on here. Still, it's a big place.

Andy.