UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Mar 2012, 2:20 am   #1
scottdude
Retired Dormant Member

Default Looking for Tech Info on Phillips EL 3582 Phone Recorder

Hello....

Just bought a Philips EL 3582 for playback of tapes I've had for years but was never able to play them.

Opening up the machine is in very good shape, but the belts have turned a gooey mess. It's rather hard to properly figure out how to thread replacement belts at this point, other then trial and error or an educated guess.

Am looking for any technical information on this recorder that might be around. From what I can figure out, this is a rare beast and all the more reason to get it up and running again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Snailham
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Old 21st Mar 2012, 5:13 pm   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: Looking for Tech Info on Phillips EL 3582 Phone Recorder

Hi there's a chap here who sells belt kits for Philips models, I can't see your model listed anywhere but it may be worth contacting him and enquiring if he produces a suitable kit for your model.

I have no association with this seller other than that I have used his products in the past and found the kit and instructions useful.

Regards
Andrew
Old 24th Jun 2012, 10:38 pm   #3
Refugee
Dekatron

Default Re: Looking for Tech Info on Phillips EL 3582 Phone Recorder

About 8 years ago I dug one out with a view to selling it. For the second time since it first came into my family I found some belts and ran it up. No interest at that time.
You have to get the belt right so that the 50/60hz selector works correctly otherwise it will go at the wrong speed and keep slipping off.
They were watching the footy next door and they were not hiding it
My germanium transistor bits are at the other side of the house
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4615.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	68026  
Closed Thread