UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Old 5th Mar 2024, 2:31 am   #1
philevedoug
Diode

Default Baromec barometer battery pack?

Split from this thread:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=142353

I bought a Baromec barometer a long time ago, but it had severe mechanical problems, and I didn't investigate any further. (Particularly the gears for the counter were so corroded that the micrometer didn't work.)
A recently saw another one on Ebay, and happily is it in much better nick. I had kept the electrics from the older one, and thought that one or other would have a working dc/dc converter, but no. So I will go down the road of using a second battery set for the hv, as have Steve and Thermion.
The larger battery seems like the better bet, soldering them in series, and then swaddling them in electric tape... And the little board for batteries should have enough room like that.
Could someone please post a photo to show what the battery pack looks like? I couldn't get much detail from Steve's photo.
I have no experience of wiring or electronics, but hope I can manage. I've attached (I hope) some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old board after clean.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	294230  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf circuit board.pdf (76.1 KB, 27 views)
philevedoug is offline   Reply With Quote