View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2013, 8:01 pm   #1
bobbyball
Octode

Default Dux TV/Radiogram - radio part

Hello everybody, I am carrying on where fellow member "Colourstar" left off with this unusual television/radiogram from Sweden, under the brand name "Dux".

My friend has done an excellect restoration job, with a suitable write up, on this very Forum. of the TV section, my part is the radio section.

The chassis is unusual in having a push-pull output stage using two ECL82 valves, and driving the same 800 ohm speaker as the TV - via a selector switch.

The valve line-up is ECC85, ECH81, EBF89, 2xECL82 and EM80.

I have trawled the 'net to see if I can find a circuit diagram for this chassis but to no avail.

When I got it, it "sort of" worked on AM but not at all on FM, and with no discernable light from the EM80 magic eye. The (original?) bridge rectifier (type B250 C100) looked a little worse for wear so I will replace it with a silicon type and a series resistor of about 100 ohms to start with on a suitable tag strip.

My question to my fellow radio restorers out there is does anybody have a circuit for this chassis? There is no model number anywhere on it, although the thing as a whole has a model number - although I am not at home as I write this so I will post an update with some pictures when I get home.

To be continued...

Robert