View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 10:07 pm   #75
jim_beacon
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: PC as a standard convertor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Williams
I am curently unsure if I will ever use the system for real time off air decoding - SWMBO does not appreciate the "horrible wooden box" in the dining room!
Mine can't stand 10.125kHz I have to experiment while she's out
Quote:
I am currently bidding on a Nvidia ge force 4 video card, and I am looking into a DVB card - much to my amazement PCworld stock the one you mention!
Don't forget that the FX5200 works as well. If you have onboard video, it may be worth looking what video chip set is fitted, a lot of newer boards have an nVidia chipset. MythTV also works with Matrox cards, but neither Kat or myself have tested one yet (I have a line on a couple of Matrox cards, and I'd like to try the system in "dual head" mode - VGA on one port, 405 on the other).
Quote:
So, perhaps the shack logging PC gets the chop - it is a 1.7G proc with about a gig of ram, so I guess this is really a no brainer!
I have a system running with a 1.4GHz P4, with 630MB RAM, though knoppMyth documentation says that it can only use 512MB. My system is happy to run live analogue tv, but I haven't tried a digital card yet.

Jim.