Thread: Sinclair Z12
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2011, 11:46 am   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Sinclair Z12

Hi Trevor. I happen to have some paperwork on this including a set of Super IC-12 Temporary instructions with circuit and wiring diagrams. I had to return my unit three times over the period Oct to Nov 1971 accompanied by increasingly bitter correspondence but to be fair, I did get a lot of feed back from the Company [as well as the IC ] which more or less settled down in the end, after some caps had been replaced or rewired. On 1/12/71 my job No is 23579 but I don't know if that reflects sales? I'm complaining at this point that I've spent £7 overall. Despite the difficulty experienced, I recall that I wanted it to work, not get a refund. It's hard to explain in today's world how attractive the prospect of an amp in one IC seemed [now the novelty is in a valve amp]. As I recall, I did run it for some time as one channel in an early stereo setup ie SP25 deck/ceramic cartridge/cabinets home made and speakers salvaged from a scrap PA system. The other channel? Via my tape recorder in amp mode! I would think that Mr Tedechi, the Sinclair, expert over in Brighton, should be a good source of info. Hope this helps you.
Dave W