View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 8:34 pm   #6
howard
Nonode

Default Re: Hacker Hunter RP38A .... the best radio Ive bought to date in all respects

Hello John, Paul, Andy, Avro, all,
The prices of Hackers do fluctuate (one on eBay right now has a buy it now price of £55), but Ive been lucky I think. I bought another earlier Hunter for £15 including P&P from eBay but that wasnt such a nice one, so I sold it on at Harpenden just like that for £20 so I did OK
The chap I bought the Aristocrat from also sold me .... a second Hacker Hunter fm-am RP38A for £10, identical to my mint one above and this one is near mint as well, its only fault is two tiny marks on the grille ! He has another one he wishes to sell as well, a Hunter VHF model which Im seriously thinking of buying, its very good too but is a little worn and is missing its three little feet.
Both my Hunters have an 18v power socket, I would like to get a mains transformer for them, can anyone advise where I can get one ?
Apart from the Hunters, I have 3 black Sovereign IIs, (one Im holding for Nickthedentist), an Autocrat (now with a rusty handle) and a Democrat in mid restoration. The Sovereigns sound just about as good as the Hunters, but the bass is a bit boomy compared with the tight bass of the Hunter, theyre also very well built but not very appealing to look at. I hope to eventually acquire nice examples of the later and much nicer Sovereigns as well and Id also like a Herald VHF.
Ive just joined the Hacker Group on Yahoo cos its obvious Im now hooked on Hackers They really are super radios, arguably the Best British made portable radios of all time ?

Howard

Last edited by howard; 27th Sep 2005 at 8:46 pm.