View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2011, 5:17 am   #8
Records
Hexode

Default Re: CBM Pet 4016. Value?

Hi Im a computer technician, and as part of that i collect old computers along side my vintage Radiograms and other bits and pieces that annoy my wife
What your computer is worth is a hard one because unlike radios tvs and Recordplayers that you can restore and use everyday if you want too, computers of this age are of no use apart from as a display machine.
You will find buyers because there are collectors but its bringing it to there attention in the first place, i bought for example an original ibm 8086 built in Scotland with instruction books and green screen monitor i paid a Hundred pounds for that when i was in the uk because that was what i was willing to pay.
Stick it on Ebay in the classic computer section and put a reserve of say 60 pounds on it, its a fair price and im fairly sure it will go, but there is also a chance it will attract a bidding war, you may get a lot more for it.

the more unusual and complete a computer is the better chance you have, if it doesnt go first time just try again