View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010, 10:04 pm   #1
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Philips K35 26CS3890

I was presented this morning with a 26" Philips 26CS3890 receiver with Teletext and voice activated remote control. It is fitted with the K35 chassis and was the top of the range for 1983. This particular example is dated December 1983. It has a small internal printer that will print off onto paper a selected teletext page that is then ejected via a small slot on the front. The chassis is fitted with a mains isolation transformer as it is supplied with scart and din video/audio connection sockets.
The chassis is very complicated with an additional audio board together with all the remote control and teletext facilities. The receiver has never broken down and by the look of the thin dust I can well believe this. The tube system is the Mullard 30AX and is still capable of giving very bright pictures as can be seen from the camera shots.
The gentleman that presented me with the receiver showed great interest in the PYE V4 in my collection. He lived at Cambridge in 1953 very close to the Pye factory and purchased a V4 for the Coronation. He said it performed brilliantly with a huge outdoor aerial for many years. You had to have a sensitive set to pick up the AP signal that far out in those days!
I have never seen the Philips voice operated handset before and maybe after the Bank Holiday I will have a play with it. He also included all the paperwork which was very thoughtful of him. If there is any interest in this receiver I will post a few more pics. Regards, John.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K35.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	36130   Click image for larger version

Name:	K35 (1).jpg
Views:	728
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	36131   Click image for larger version

Name:	K35 (2).jpg
Views:	616