View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2017, 7:05 am   #230
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: 807 (maybe) amplifier build. Now EL34

I'll admitt to being first bemused by Kirchoff then just angry. It's like a zen koan like "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" Or a Chinese saying "all crows under heaven are black" By that I mean my interpretation was either complex or simple IE "what goes in is what comes out!"

So to a real world situation, if I've read you right; if we have two resistors of 10 ohms joined at one end, with another going out, like a Y and we measure 100mV across the two sticky up ones, the top of the Y , the current at their junction or node is -20mA and we then measure 200mV across the bottom 10 ohm we get + 20mA. Therefore (-20) + (+20) = 0 This is Norton IE current, but the same thing yes?

But what the Dicken's does this tell us, are there real world circuits where the answer adds up to 1.5? And how does this apply to my situation? I assumed that the oscillation was caused by a small resistance in the 6" of bus bar and Miller capacitance was forming a tank circuit. Or are you saying there's a bulge in the pipe caused by the disparity of in and out currents causing the oscillation?

Am not sure I'd be able to measure all the current's/voltages present as some are going to be very small, EG across one inch of wire say. If one was to try and tackle this I can see problems. For instance a voltage amplifying valve stage has an input into G1 and an output from the anode, but what about all those inter electrode capacitance's? You can't measure them so have to use datasheet info times by the gain, this will have some degree of error. Same for the valve base pins. If we say oh, let's say 10puff between pins, but we would be guessing. And then there's the capacitance's and resistance between grounds. Which is where we started.

Andy.