View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2017, 11:42 am   #10
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips EL3300/EL3301 oscillator coil

The labels on the motors are likely the final assembly date labels of the sets. WR02 is the second revision from Vienna, the dates are indeed as LIVEWIRE says, 1965 week 23 and week 52 respectively.

My first hypothesis would then mean there was a change in part number from the old system to the new between week 23 and 52 during a continuing production run in the same factory. Less likely but still possible, however I can't really get the colours to match plausible code number's tails - so two things that make me doubt. Another explanation could be that the stripes are only a date code, since both end in a 5 (week 195 and week 425 do match the sets productions dates so it is at least somewhat plausible).

For the sake of completeness: I'm not sure how to decode the batch codes on the transistors (they switched to a more readable system around 1970). WD115 on the transformers means Week 11, 1965. The A3 and AE numbers are part numbers from the old system. No date of manufacture can be derived from those but interesting to know anyway. The date of manufacture on the speaker, if present, likely starts or ends in AH (or possibly WR).