View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2017, 4:46 pm   #1
greenstar
Octode

Default TV's and radios in Leicester

An old established theatre in Leicester is clearing it's store as it's being sold under them, and selling off some of the contents. Viewing and sale is by appointment and through the grapevine. I've been and rescued a couple of things, but there is more. It's been cherry picked of course (I heard through a dealer friend). There are several radios left, 1930's to 40's, nothing fantastic, and they have some valves and backs missing. There are also a couple of TV's left, one definitely valve and no back, another with back and couldn't see inside. I'm sorry, but can't say more as viewing is a whistle stop experience, things are inaccessible and I only just had time to get round myself. I will try to go back as I still have to collect a couple of things and will take photos if possible.
How it works is you make an appointment to view, you put stickers on, and then arrange to go back, collect and pay. Cost is minimum £5 donation for a smaller thing.
Drawback is they are in an upstairs warren with access down numerous stairways plus difficult town centre parking down a one way street blocked at the end! If anyone is interested PM me and I will pass on the telephone number - forum members only.
Tony