View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2017, 8:58 pm   #21
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Re: Radiophile - Radio Bygones

Hi Ed, owing to my illness, I'm afraid I am only working through the subscriptions file quite slowly - but essentially all existing subscribers to Radio Bygones will receive the same number of Radiophile issues as they would have had copies of Radio Bygones. Subscribers to both magazines will have their Radiophile subscriptions extended by the number of Radio Bygones left on their subscription. In view of the larger number of pages and the extra weight of The Radiophile, the new subscription rate for the combined magazine will be £25 year - and the number of issues will be cut to 3 per year from the current 4. This is in line with comments made by me earlier and the positive reaction Chas and I have received.

There will be a lower rate for pdf copies of the magazine if we can get that working.

Chas is currently putting together a letter explaining all the changes, and I expect that to go out with the next magazine issue and as a separate letter to recent former subscribers who haven't yet renewed. Once the details are fully worked out, I expect to also put this on the website.

PDF copies of Radio Bygones back issues will also be available shortly on the website, and I am also looking at the possibility (with Chas's permission) of scanning earlier issues of The Radiophile and offering them as pdfs also.

It's likely to be several more weeks yet before everything is totally finalised, but I'm happy to respond to any individual queries by pm or email.

I should point out that all decisions regarding the Radiophile are Chas's. I help him out with some basic admin tasks, but don't have any financial or other interest in the magazine. (I've added that as I get the impression from some emails I've received that some people believe that decisions regarding The Radiophile are made by me.)

I hope that clarifies the current position a bit - but I will try and keep people updated as soon as I know more.

Graham