View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2017, 11:36 am   #21
Squipper
Pentode

Default Re: Rexine cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickthedentist View Post
I will try to take some photos of the finished set and post before, during and after photos.
I'll look forward to seeing some photos of your set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickthedentist View Post
this is a LIVE CHASSIS set, i.e. one side of the mains supply is connected to the chassis with no transformer to isolate it. Furthermore, the mains switch is a single-pole affair, wired between what should be the neutral wire and chassis. So even when the mains is the correct way round, the chassis will essentially be live when the set's switched off! Be sure that the control knobs can't be pulled off, that nobody's going to open the back when it's plugged in, and that you remove the mains plug from the wall when the set's not in use
Thanks for the warning, I have spotted this already, I researched the set even before I plugged it in - but a reminder is always welcome

I note also about the ease in which the back of the set can be opened, and I am sure I have seen a thread on here about retro fitting a device, like Roberts did in later sets, which would render such that the set can't be opened without using a tool. (Screw lock or some-such). An adaptation I may consider.