View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 7:06 pm   #8
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush TV12 Poor Contrast

Cheers Victor, I am certainly using the aurora but have never experienced either sound on vision or vision on sound.

Mine is the TV12B which is Sutton Coldfield ch4 61.75Mhz, which is how my aurora dip switches are set. The RF deck has the proper 'Sutton Coldfield' badge screwed around the aerial inlet, has 'TV12B' on a metal badge riveted over the 'TV12A' on the fibreboard back and was bought full of dust from a local house clearance sale. The components all tie-in with the diagram for the birmingham version.

Last night I went for broke and 'straight-tuned' the coils (ie peaking them all for max vision...not stagger tuning them as it actually requires) and was rewarded with a more contrasty pic..though still not particularly great unless the brilliance was so far up that I got flyback lines.

I shan't be able to align it properly now until I have more time at work since all my equipment bar the basics are up there these days. At the moment I am unplugging the RF deck and taking it in to work for the quieter moments...easter being the ideal time!

This weekend I changed a couple of the 470R screen feeds because one was at 520R and the other at 590R; although I didnt expect the new ones to make any difference and they didn't.

I certainly can't describe the RF performance as 'remarkably high'!

I actually have a TV11 as well stored somewhere so I might rout that out and it'll give me something to compare with.