View Single Post
Old 25th May 2017, 10:52 am   #25
MrBungle
Dekatron

Default Re: VTVM / Valve Voltmeter articles from magazines in the UK

I saw that movement but decided to skip it on the basis that you can get a relatively decent one slightly cheaper.

Decided to skip AC measurements. I'm mainly interested in RF + DC so the plan is to leave enough space in the chassis to change my mind later

Quote:
Originally Posted by David G4EBT View Post
It would benefit from a good sized meter, but given that a new 10cm x 8cm (4" x 3.25") 50 uA meter from China on ebay costs only £4.36 post free, that's no obstacle. A paper scale could be temporarily fitted to calibrate the Volts and Ohms ranges, then a new scale created in Photoshop and fixed to the reverse side of the meter scale-plate.
Just a reply to David here. Thanks for the pointer on this. After a very respectable 13 day turnaround, one of them arrived this morning and it's actually rather good for the money!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	143216

Rest of the build is progressing very slowly. I've made a box and mounted the transformer and controls in it for the "12v isolation" side of things. The rest of the work hasn't started yet unfortunately due to numerous other things going on at work and at home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	143217

I've left enough space in the above box to stick a TO220 power transistor on the back, use a slightly higher voltage transformer and turn it into another 12v supply when it has served its purpose as an AC supply.