View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2012, 7:28 pm   #10
Colourstar
Octode

Default Re: Dux/Philips Swedish TV-Radiogram!

Thanks very much indeed for the service data Fredrik. Very much appreciated. The under-chassis plan on page 2 is mind-blowing! I wouldn't have liked to be the one responsible for drawing that correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampus1982 View Post
Very nice, I like the scandinavian style!
So do I Hampus! It still looks good today and hasn't dated (as long as you keep the doors closed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar.B View Post
"LOTS" seems to be some kind of on-screen tuning indicator. I read the service manual section regarding adjustment of this function, and it seems a white horisontal ribbon is created on the screen and increases in width with increasing signal strength. Really interesting!
Thanks for the info, Oskar. The on-screen tuning indicator sounds revolutionary for 1959. I've only seen something similar on Japanese colour sets of the early 1970s. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in action. Some Philips models in this country used a photo-electric cell to brighten the picture when the room lights were switched on, but the tuning indicator is a new one to me.

I'd love to know why, when and how this tele-radiogram was imported to the UK. It's a long way from home and may just be the only example in the country.

Thanks again
Steve