Old 30th Apr 2006, 10:53 pm   #3
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Multistandard PC/TV - System Requirements

Hi Jim,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_beacon
I've just installed Knoppmyth on a 1.4GHz P4

The installation was easy, even for a Linux virgin, with most of the stuff being self explanatory.
Ah, that's good to hear

Quote:
My only gripe so far is the broken DVD software - it will play region 0 disks, but not region 2, so it's off to read the manual!
Hmm... I've spent more time playing with off-air digital TV since I switched to KnoppMyth (the system is also used with our main 625-line set in the living room), and did note that the only DVD I tried (Region 2) didn't work... I'll look into this... The same DVD was working on the "MythTV-on-Gentoo" I was using previously; Mike Phelan can confirm ("The Day of the Triffids" BBC series )

After NVCF I'm going to run through installation and "405-ifying" KnoppMyth a few times, writing it up as I go along as a "step-by step" guide; then I'll turn my brain off and blindly follow my own instructions as a test... I'll publish this somewhere once I've written it

Right now I'm focussing more on having a reliable system with as much working as possible for NVCF; after then I'll work more on sorting out documentation enabling others to do it too.

Regards, Kat