View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2013, 9:43 pm   #4
bobbyball
Octode

Default Re: Dux TV/Radiogram - radio part

Here are some pictures of the Dux chassis.

The first one is with the original capacitors in circuit, then the chassis "right way up", then the little record deck (which fits in a pull-out drawer), then the underside of the chassis with "new" capacitors fitted, and finally the old capacitors that came out.

The whole thing is very well specified, with bass and treble controls, each having it's own pointer, and the record deck, though it looks "simple", is a fully floating "suspended sub-chassis" driven by no less than two pully wheels, one of which is the underneath hub of the turntable shaft. The turntable itself fits on the top and is fixed with three screws. It uses the standard Philips 3 (female) contact plug-in heads and is wired for stereo even though the radio chassis is mono. Interestingly the radio chassis has a "240 volt" setting wheras the TV chassis only has a 220 volt setting.

The original bridge rectifier looked worse for wear and when the new one I got (74 pence!) plus it's series resistor has gone in I will post the results. I am hoping the HT will be up to a near correct value and maybe FM will then work. We shall see...

Cheers for now

Robert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00703.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	76381   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00704.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	76382   Click image for larger version