View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2013, 9:26 pm   #3
SteveSmit
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Levell TM14 Modern Equivalent?

John,

Yeah the thought crossed my mind of attempting a repair on it. It does seem as though it's something very specific that's gone on it. I switched on, got the ready neon starting to glow up then it went out. The battery check seems to still work as it should but nothing else does. On the resistance setting none of the voltage settings give out so much as a single volt from the test points. Does give the impression of something that's just fell over that could be fairly easily fixed, but I wouldn't know where to start. We just use this for testing cables that we make up, one peer into the inner workings was enough to tell me that I'd get rapidly lost if I started poking about in there. Unless of course you know of any failure these are known for, or what might be a good thing to check?

Sending the equipment might be tough though unfortunately. I might just end up getting them to bite the bullet and replace it with a similarly capable unit. 10Tohm capable insulation checkers aren't what you'd call ten a penny though!

*edit*
Having said all that, if anyone has any documentation that includes the circuit diagrams that could be very helpful indeed. Thanks again.

Last edited by SteveSmit; 29th Jan 2013 at 9:54 pm.