UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Adding an asterisk to tag favourite threads? (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137516)

Al (astral highway) 18th Jun 2017 7:22 pm

Adding an asterisk to tag favourite threads?

Hello, I guess this is more for Paul (Stenning) than anyone else, but wondered what others think...

I'd find it really helpful to be able to tag favourite threads in some way, to reference them again in the future. I know it could be done by just bookmarking in a browser, but it would be great if it could be added as a function native to the site.

I'm often thinking, ahh, now where did I read that? There is such a wealth of good ideas and suggestions, nearly every single time I start a thread as well as countless that I read!.

What do fellow forum users, mods and especially you, Paul, think?

Guest 18th Jun 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Adding an asterisk to tag favourite threads?

If it's only for you I have no problem, none of the social media "hash tags" for me. Or even "like" thingies.

Al (astral highway) 18th Jun 2017 9:39 pm

I mean for each person. It would be transparent to anyone else.

AC/HL 18th Jun 2017 11:43 pm

Social media is a completely different beast, if you don't want anything to do with it that's your prerogative. As far as the forum is concerned I'm not aware of any such functionality. There have been enquiries about additional features before, and the answer is always that it's not possible. There are search facilities, the usual box at the top of the page, and also the advanced one on the banner below private messages.

Al (astral highway) 19th Jun 2017 7:30 am

Thanks , Bill. For some reason I put 'would be' instead of 'wouldn't be (transparent)! But I see this won't lead anywhere ,so shall we close the thread ?

Dave Moll 19th Jun 2017 7:46 am

I've never used it, but under "thread tools" there is an option of "subscribe to this thread". I don't know whether that provides anything along the lines requested.

Radio Wrangler 19th Jun 2017 8:34 am

'Subscribe to this thread' sends you an email whenever anything new is added to that thread. Unless something is added, there is no difference to how easy it is to find the thread.

David

Al (astral highway) 19th Jun 2017 9:50 am

Ahah, yes and thanks , David, that's probably the best way to do this

Station X 19th Jun 2017 10:03 am

You could subscribe to threads you're interested in, then use the "List Subscriptions" option from the User CP to locate them.

Al (astral highway) 19th Jun 2017 12:18 pm

Graham, good thinking, thanks!